- You’re admitted to the hospital as an inpatient after an official doctor’s order, which says you need inpatient hospital care to treat your illness or injury.
- The hospital accepts Medicare.
- In certain cases, the Utilization Review Committee of the hospital approves your stay while you’re in the hospital.
Your costs in Original Medicare
- $1,408 for each .
- Days 1–60: $0 for each benefit period.
- Days 61–90: $352 coinsurance per day of each benefit period.
- Days 91 and beyond: $704 coinsurance per each “lifetime reserve day” after day 90 for each benefit period (up to 60 days over your lifetime).
- Beyond : all costs.